Did you survive the storm last night? Were you lucky enough to not have to? Let’s just say I’m very glad it’s the weekend and for two whole days I don’t have to go outside unless I want to. Nate and I might venture to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston to see the expressionist exhibit on Sunday, though. I got free tickets by voting on what art I wanted to see in the exhibit (an interesting little experiment on the part of the museum). Even though I travel to Boston every day for work, it’s still such a treat to go in a do something. Hopefully the weather holds out!
Have a lovely weekend, and a wonderful Valentines day full of love from all around.
Here are five little links to get you whatever mood you fancy:
- For the cynical: The Dark Origins of Valentines Day (via the NYTimes)
- For the whimsical: 15th century peasant romance comics (via Hark! A Vagrant)
- For the logical: Your Brain on Love (via Scientific American)
- For the hungry: Valentines Day Menus (via Saveur)
- For the romantic: The archives of the Modern Love column (via the NYTimes)